The Basic Beach Vacation Packing Checklist
Summer Vacation calls for a beach trip. Whether you plan to go to a nearby beach or take a road trip with your family to the beach, You will need a complete beach vacation packing list.
If you are wondering what to pack for a beach trip, we have got you covered with this list of beach vacation essentials.
From basics to extra, we have included everything on this beach checklist. You won’t miss out on anything if you stick to this beach packaging list.
What to pack for a beach trip?
The first thing you need to consider is the activities you will be doing on your beach trip. Will you stay on the beach for the whole trip? Or will you also explore the areas closeby? Will you indulge in adventures that require different gear and clothing?
It helps to not overpack when you have an idea of the things you will be doing on your vacation.
The next thing to pay attention to is the weather before you leave for your trip.
Baked on the weather conditions and the activities you can get to packing for the beach.
Your luggage should be lightweight and versatile, especially for the beach. Do not overpack; the goal of a vacation is to relieve stress, not add to it. You will be sun basking on the beach, so that you won’t need a lot of things. Also, make sure that your bag is easy to carry.
Some things to consider:
- Duffel bag – These are Versatile and lightweight and fits in any type of space. A duffle bag is easy to pack and can hold more than a suitcase. It is more durable.
- Wheeled bag– if you have long-distance walking, nothing can beat wheeled bags.
- Carry on- to spend a care-free week at the beach, where your requirement will be limited to sunscreen and swimsuits; a small carry bag is perfect.
THE BASICS: Beach Vacation Packing Essentials List
Even when all you plan to do is a lounge on the beach, there are some things that you must include in your beach checklist.
- Sunscreen- take at least two bottles. Make sure its reef-safe.
- Sunglasses – a UV protected sunglass will do.
- Bathing suit – 2 pairs are enough unless you plan on doing an Instagram shoot.
- A good book- it’s relaxing to lounge on the beach.
- Sandals – just one pair of the flip flop and one strappy sandal will work.
- Tank tops – tank tops are great when you plan to roam around outside the beach.
- Shorts – shorts and tank top make the best outfit n a summer vacation.
- Hat – to keep the hair protected from the sun.
- Cell phone and charger – you wouldn’t want to run out of phone battery on your vacation.
- Underwear- carry an extra set of underwear. Always!
- Pajamas – when it gets a little cold during the night, pajamas will come handy.
- Conditioner -salty water and ocean breeze can be a havoc for your tresses.
- Reusable water bottle- get a well-insulated bottle to keep the water cold.
- Anti-itch cream and bug spray- Bug bites are no fun, especially on vacation.
- Baby powder- helps to get rid of the sticky sand.
Other fun things to take to the beach include:
- Toys to play in the sand
- Beach towel
Miscellaneous Things to Include in your Beach Vacation packing list
- Photo ID
- Passport and holder
- Printed tickets, visas, confirmations, or transfer info (if traveling internationally )
- Insurance card
- International travel adapter
- Tablet or iPad with downloaded content. Audiobooks, movies, games, etc.
- Noise-canceling headphones.
- Neck pillow and eye mask for long flights
- Small purse or wristlet
- One cardigan, sweater, or denim jacket.
- Personal hygiene items
- Hair products.
How to do the packing for the beach?
- Try everything at least one week before your beach vacation.
This way, you can narrow down on clothes you would like to take along with you. You want to look and feel your best on the trip. You will also get an idea of things you need to buy before heading.
- Lay everything you think you will need.
This will helps you to avoid overpacking and figure out multiple uses of one thing.
- Buy packing cubes
Packing cubes are worth every penny you pay for them. These are basically a travel bag that allows you to pack more in less space. Packing cubes shrink everything into a smaller space.
Our beach vacation packing list will come in handy when organizing a beach trip. Use this list or modify it to make it a personalized beach packaging list. Make an itinerary of every single day and list out the things you might need. What are you waiting for? Book your tickets, pack your bags, and enjoy a warm sunny vacation!